Cooke CAD Mission Statement
The activities of the Cooke County Appraisal District are governed by the Texas Property Tax Code, laws passed by the legislature, and administrative rules adopted by the Comptroller’s Property Tax Assistance Division. Our mission and goal is to:
- Appraise property at market value in a fair, equal, and uniform manner, adhering to the Texas Property Tax Code, USPAP, and generally accepted appraisal standards.
- Strive to produce an accurate, complete, and equitable appraisal/tax roll for all taxing entities.
- Administer exemptions and special use valuation in a fair, equal and uniform manner.
- Be diligent and proficient in maintaining records on valuation, deed changes, mapping, exemptions, and tax collections.
- Operate at the least expense to taxpayers without compromising quality.
- Maintain public trust by providing a high standard of accuracy, integrity, and accountability.
- Provide exceptional customer service that is accessible, responsive, and transparent.
- Deal with everyone in a courteous and respectful manner.
- To uphold a professionalism fitting the dignity and honor of our profession